(Reblogged from Conversations blog)
Day 2 with 52businesses
On Monday evening, I sent out 3 potential new names for the Social Media Manager Network to the Curator team, convinced they would love “Social Co-Op” as hard as I did.
What happened was: literally no one chose “Social Co-Op.”
But everyone loved “The Social Tribune.”
So we have a name, y’all!
– thesocialtribune.com is unavailable and being held for ransom for approx. 2k
– socialtribune.com is ALSO unavailable and being held for ransom for approx. 2k
But I WAS able to secure:
IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH?? I don’t know. But this whole picking a name thing is HARD.
But we only have a week so I’ve got to keep moving.
So I went ahead and set up my new LLC, since the 52businesses team and I decided I’d need a separate formation and bank account for this new business.
Here’s how I did that:
1. Go to the Secretary of State Website
2. Hover over “business services” and then click “start a business”
3. On the left sidebar click “file original documents”
4. Select your filing type – mine was “Domestic LLC Reg. Articles of Organization” ($100)
5. Fill out your info and submit!
It took about 5 hours to get my final confirmation via email, and on Wednesday I’ll be meeting with my new business banker (Karim Massequoi, who is also very handsome) to get a new account set up so that I can connect the paypal account that is connected to new member intake on the site.
Meanwhile, my designer is working on a new logo/branding so that I can replace “social media manager network” with “social tribune” and I’m still contemplating other potential domains that would work well for this concept.
Want more? Sign up for weekly Social Media Tips delivered directly to your inbox!